Monday, December 22, 2014





I've been busy that I had no time to try baking new cake flavors.
Its the time of the year where me and my husband celebrates our birthday, yes "our birthday" my husband's birthday is on 19th while my birthday is on 21st just a day interval.
So we always have a one combined celebration at home. So we invited just some of our relatives for a lunch birthday celebration.

Though I can buy ready made cake of any flavors to any leading bakeshop at the mall, but I chose to bake my own coz its been long that I've been wanting and plaaning to try this "Ube Macapuno Cake" but I can't find time to make one. So now, I dont have excuses..



here's my recipe for my ube macapuno cake

for the cake:
1 bottle of ube jam
3 cups of cake flour
9 egg yolks
9 egg whites
3/4 tsp of cream of tartar
1 cup of milk
3 cups of sugar
6 tsp of baking powder
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
3/4 tsp of salt

for the frosting
1 small box (200g) of whipping cream
macapuno
confectioner sugar
1/3 cup of water

Baking:
1. Combine all the dry ingredients (cake flour, sugar, baking powder and milk). And then the wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
2. Then mix the dry and the wet ingredients.
3. To make meringue, add the cream of tartar to the white eggs and mix on high speed using the electric hand mixer until you reach soft peak.
4. Fold gently the batter to the meringue.
5. line parchment paper to the baking pan and pour the batter to it.
6. Bake for 20minutes or until the stick inserted comes out clean.

For the icing: mix all the ingredients & whip it in a high speed using electric hand mixer and add the confectioner sugar to taste.
Then decorate.

1 comment: