Wednesday, September 10, 2014

whipping cream




Frosty boy whipping cream review

I wanted to explore, know and taste all different kinds of icing. I already know how to make buttercream, boiled icing (which I'm currently using) and choco fudge. It's now time to try the whipping cream for the cake of my youngest son.


I bought a Frosty boy whipping cream powder icing days before.

 

It is stated at the back of the box that for every 1kg of powder you will add 1 liter of water. I only bought 200g of frosty boy.
So I just added 3/4 cups of cold water and whip it with my electric hand mixer in full speed. just whip it until you reach your desired fluffiness. Then you may add food color or flavor if you want. 



Add caption


The 200g frosty boy is just enough to cover an 8x4in cake and also it is also the filling I've used for this cake.




 




The taste: It has buttery taste, creamy and a little bland, maybe because it is upto you if you want to add flavor to it. You may add confectioner sugar if you prefer it sweet, or add chocolate to make it a chocolate ganache or add fruits or jam. Whichever you like.
 

For me, I added a little confectioner sugar coz we dont want bland icing nor too sweet as well. Taste like Goldilocks icing.


It doesn't melt easily. I tried leaving the cake on top of our table for quite some hours and it doesn't melt easily.

update:

I also tried the other brand of whipping cream which I will not mention the brand name. The verdict: It is not that delicious, it doesn't have that creamy taste. Taste so Bland. At first it set's firm after few minutes it became so runny. Just a waste of time, money and energy.



note: This is not a paid advertisement, this is based from my experience.

9 comments:

  1. hi, how many confectioner's sugar did you add? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Eman,
      I bought this from trinoma supermarket. You may find it in their baking supplies section. And I think its also available in some SM groceries and baking supplies shop like all about baking in munoz anc chocolate lovers in cubao and its other branches.

      Tnx for dropping by my blogsite. Hope this helps

      Delete
  3. Is it possible to use whipped frosty boy as design on top of choco gamache cake(similar to red ribbon chocolate cake)? I used buttercream on top of it for design sadly it broke down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia,
      Yes you may use frosty boy for making choco ganache for your cake. (For choco gane recipe: There are lots of tutorial in the net how to make one).

      Frosty boy as a whipping cream is more sturdier than buttercream.buttercream easily melts down.

      You may see instructions at the back of the box of frosty boy on how much water your going to mix to the powder to make a more full and creamy whipped cream. Of course, the lesser the water the more it will become more thick.

      Hope this helps.

      Delete
  4. Hi! Can i use frosty boy in making ice cream cake? Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Can i use frosty boy in making ice cream cake? Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, when you left the cake on your counter, was it a hot, humid day? I was wondering if this will survive a 2hr drive on a car with a not so cool AC.

    ReplyDelete